An Oil With A Healing TouchJourney to your Roots | Self Care
The healers best friend.
Castor oil has been used for centuries as a natural remedy for various ailments, including constipation, skin issues, and even hair growth. But did you know that castor oil can also be used for gut health and overall wellness? Dr. Marisol, also known as the Queen of Thrones, is a naturopathic doctor and expert in all things gut health. In this blog post, we’ll explore the benefits of castor oil with the influence of Dr. Marisol.
Our The lymphatic system serves as a defense mechanism for our bodies, helping to fight off any foreign invaders or harmful substances that may enter through damaged skin. In Ayurveda, it is believed that the proper functioning of this system can help prevent illness and promote overall health and well-being. More “cleans the garbage” out from our bodies. Its the bodies number one defense system. The The lymphatic system serves as a defense mechanism for our bodies, helping to fight off any foreign invaders or harmful substances that may enter through damaged skin. In Ayurveda, it is believed that the proper functioning of this system can help prevent illness and promote overall health and well-being. More doesn’t have a pump like our hearts do for circulation. In order to move lymph, you gotta move. Using castor oil packs can improve the lymphatics systems health which will improve your bodies overall health.
Making castor oil packs at home for treatments can aid in your healing journey. Some of the things Edgar Cayce would recommend castor oil packs to folks who experience epilepsy, gallstones, scleroderma, constipation and other intestinal conditions. To make a pack yourself you will need:
*Organic Wool Flannel Cloth
*Castor Oil Organic
*Towel (you won’t mind getting dirty)
1) Place the plastic wrap on the counter, size determines the area surface you will be placing pack on your body. If its for a knee about full arm width, elbow half arm width, abdomen full arm width, I think you get it.
2) The wool flannel cloth you want to fold it a tad bigger than the surface area you will be placing. Try and keep flannel on the ticker side when it comes to folding it. Place wool flannel cloth on top of the plastic wrap.
- 3) Heat up castor on stove top just for a FEW MOMENTS for it to get warm.
- 4) Once warm, pour castor oil onto the cloth, let it soak up. Be careful to make sure the cloth isn’t dripping oil.
- 5) Careful of the temperature of the oil and place the saturated oiled cloth on your skin with the plastic wrap to protect the oil from going everywhere. I sometimes add another plastic wrap for secure purposes.
- 6) Find a comfortable position, put towel under you and place heating pad over the oil pack. Relax for the next 30 – 120 minutes.
I love Dr. Marisol’s brand Queen of Thrones. It’s certified organic and if you dont want to go through the trouble of making your own pack check them out here.
Overall, castor oil is a versatile and beneficial natural remedy that can be used for a variety of purposes. With the influence of Dr. Marisol, we’ve explored the benefits of castor oil for gut health, immune function, and hair growth. If you’re interested in trying castor oil for yourself, be sure to consult with a healthcare professional to determine the best approach for your individual needs.